Vacancy: Respiratory Research Editors-in-Chief
Respiratory Research is a leading open access journal in the field of pulmonary medicine. The journal focuses on all aspects of respiratory medicine and related diseases, such as asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, cystic fibrosis, interstitial lung disease and sleep-related respiratory problems. Original basic, translational laboratory and clinical research are published in the journal along with results of therapeutic trials.
Established in 2000, the journal is owned and published by BioMed Central, part of Springer Nature. With an Impact Factor of 3.841, Respiratory Research covers all the latest high interest topics and its content gets accessed over 80,000 times each month.
BioMed Central is seeking to appoint two co-Editors-in-Chief to succeed Professor Jan Lotvall and Professor Rey Panettieri, who will be retiring as Editors of the journal at the end of August 2018.
The newly appointed Editors-in-Chief will have full editorial responsibility for the content published in the Journal and for ensuring that the ethos, editorial standards, policies and scope of Respiratory Research are maintained. They will also be responsible for providing strategic guidance and overseeing the commissioning of non-research content.
The ideal candidates will be:
- Physicians and researchers with broad experience in respiratory medicine able to demonstrate their impact in the field with an extensive publication history.
- Experienced as journal Editors, with strong critical analysis and appraisal skills, and a good understanding of peer review and publication ethics.
- Keen supporters of open access publishing.
- Able to demonstrate strong leadership.
- Excellent strategic planners with the ability to develop a clear vision for Respiratory Research.
- Interested in building strong community relationships with pulmonologists at all levels.
- Keen to innovate and continuously develop Respiratory Research.
- Engaged with technology and willing to use the Journal’s online submission and peer review tools.
- Able to dedicate time on a regular basis to a busy and thriving journal.
Respiratory Research is currently supported by an Editorial Office run by the publisher for administrative services, and is further supported by a committed team of Associate Editors. The position offers an honorarium, whilst the time commitment is flexible, we anticipate the post-holder would also have a full-time position elsewhere.
Term of appointment
The term of office will be for five years, with an option for renewal by mutual consent for a further five years.
Further details regarding the role and a detailed job description can be obtained by contacting Valeria Olivo, Journal Development Editor, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Individual and joint applications will be considered. Applications should include a full CV, a letter explaining your interest in the post, and an outline of what your editorial policy and vision might be. Applications should be sent to Valeria Olivo at email@example.com
Closing date for applications
31st October 2017
Interviews and start date
Interviews will be held in November 2017, with a start date of the 1st June 2018.