|Criteria of good clinical practice evaluated in EPOCONSUL||N of criteria fulfilled||Patients (N = 4.508) %||Hospitals (N = 59) Median||Inter-hospital range||p †|
|Clinical evaluation category|
1. Was degree of dyspnea evaluated during current visit?|
2. Was the number of hospital admissions in the last 12 months collected during current visit?
3. Was the number of moderate or severe exacerbations in the last 12 months collected during current visit?
4. Was current smoking habit information collected?
5. Was regular exercise data collected during current visit?
6. Are comorbidities identified in the clinical record?
|6 criteria||18.3||14.6||0–100||< 0.001|
|>3 criteria||65.5||70||11.7–100||< 0.001|
|≤3 criteria||34.5||30||0–88.3||< 0.001|
|COPD evaluation category|
1. Alfa-1-antitrypsin serum level determination available?|
2. COPD severity defined in the report?
3. COPD GOLD type defined in the report?
4. COPD phenotype according to GesEPOC defined in the report?
5. 6MWT carried out on any occasion?
6. Diffusion capacity measured on any occasion?
7. Lung volumes measured on any occasion?
8. Chest CT scan carried out on any occasion in exacerbator phenotype?
|8 criteria||1.5||0||0–14.6||< 0.001|
|> 4 criteria||30.1||27||0–89.3||< 0.001|
|≤ 4 criteria||69.9||73||10.7–100||< 0.001|
|Therapeutic intervention category|
1. Is treatment adherence evaluated in any way?|
2. Is inhalation technique evaluated in any way?
3. Is Pneumococcal vaccination recommended?
4. Is exercise advised during the visit?
5. Have arterial blood gases been measured on any occasion in patients on long-term oxygen therapy?
6. Is a specific intervention for smoking cessation for active smokers offered?
|6 criteria||9.3||3.3||0–45.1||< 0.001|
|> 3 criteria||22.4||12.5||0–100||< 0.001|
|≤ 3 criteria||77.6||87.5||0–100||< 0.001|